News and insights
Fostering the exploitation of results of the project
Website of the project: IGTrain
Initiation of a development plan with Turkish partners from Edirne, to foster the implementation of pilot training activities in Portugal, in Italy and in Norway, with staffs from Turkish SMEs of the region of Edirne, implementing the concepts and methodologies experienced with the project IGTrain within an intergenerational learning framework, and more particularly a train-the-trainer (TTT) and an on-the-job (JOB). The concepts of the project IGTrain will be put in practice within learning mobilities considering the application of the ECVET framework.
Considering an already successful partnership under the project “eLIST – European Learning Innovation for Sustainable Training” (project reference number 2014-1-IT02-KA204-003644) started in September 2014, Waterpolis and the representatives of a working group from a variety of SMEs form the region of Edirne in Turkey, met on 13 and 14.05.2015 for a two days’ workshop which aim was to:
- scrutinize the results of IGTrain pilot training in Portugal essentially, but also in the other partner’s countries considering the available information;
- discuss on the different needs to be identified from staffs working in SMEs of the region of Edirne and prepare a survey to collect necessary information, using the questionnaires applied during IGTrain project;
- prepare a specific working group in Turkey to lead the selection and the preparation of 10 mentors (people with 50+ years old) who will integrate a TTT and a JOB pilot training, both to be held between October and November 2015 in Portugal;
- create preconditions to integrate the ECVET EU framework of competences in the pilot training activities, aiming at achieving models of good practices which will be presented in ECVET for Mobility seminars and to the ECVET Peer learning working group meeting to held at APCMA in Paris this autumn;
- start the preparation and implementation of a cluster of competences between Edirne and Lisbon at local and then regional level aiming at promoting the implementation of intergenerational learning models based on the project IGTrain;
- create a Turkish-Portuguese joint team of Multipliers to support the development of the cluster of competences;
- debate on the design and implementation of complementary training activities considering other methodologies such as eLearning, mentoring, in-service training.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.